- New organ: Our new organ is ready to be installed. This should take place this week or next. If you would like to see our organ, it will be featured on the Allen Organ Company’s website soon. Check it out at allenorgan.com.
- Christmas for Kids: A sign-up sheet is available for volunteering and donating items for Christmas for Kids. The event is scheduled this year for the morning of Saturday, December 13 from 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM.
- The MLS Choir will join us to edify our worship on Sunday, December 14. We will be welcoming them with a breakfast when they arrive and a potluck dinner following the second service. A sign-up sheet to help with items will be available soon.
- Christmas Fellowship: A sign-up sheet is posted on the bulletin board if you would like to bring Christmas cookies for the fellowship gathering we will have following the children’s Christmas service on December 21. Thank you!
- Christmas Service Rehearsal will be held on Saturday, December 20 at 10 AM for all children PK-8 who would like to participate in the service December 21. If you would like music or recitations to work on at home, please speak with Pastor Behnken.
- A sign-up sheet to order Christmas poinsettias is on the church bulletin board. Each plant is $7.00. You may take home your poinsettias after the first of January. Thank you for beautifying our church to celebrate Christ’s birth!
- Altar flower signup sheets are posted for 2015 on the church bulletin board. Please sign up if you would like to give an offering of flowers.
- Light Up a Student’s Life! Each year the MLS Foundation sponsors a Light Up a Student’s Life Program. This program gives people the opportunity to purchase a light bulb on a special tree in honor of, or in memory of someone special in their life. The Foundation will send a Christmas card to the recipient of this honor on your behalf. The tree will be on display throughout November and December. Contributions will support the MLS Student Need Fund which provides ongoing financial assistance to the students who attend MLS now and in the future.
For more information please call the Foundation office at 989-793-1010 ext. 37 or visit the web site http://www.mls-foundation.org/LUASL.html
- Youth Wrestling Program Starting: This youth wrestling program is for ages 5-14 (PK-8th grade). There will be a registration/informational meeting on Monday, November 10th starting at 6:30 PM in the Band Room at MLS. You can enter the school through the main entrance on Hardin Street, by the gymnasium. We will try and have practice Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 6:00-7:30PM on the Mezzanine at MLS. Wrestling season starts December 1st and goes until the end of March. Please bring a copy of the wrestler’s birth certificate if you intend to register. If you have questions please email Josh Wakefield at firstname.lastname@example.org.