- The church office will be closed this Monday, September 4. Happy Labor Day!
- School Starting: The first day of school will be this Tuesday, September 5th. You are welcome to join us for chapel at 7:50 AM.
- Bible Class and Sunday School Starting: Regular Sunday Bible Class and Sunday School begin next Sunday, September 10 at 9:20 AM. Sunday morning Bible Class will begin a new study examining the key biblical themes from Martin Luther’s writing.
- Choir: Please join us for choir this year! Rehearsals begin next Sunday, September 10 following second service. Choir is a wonderful opportunity to sing praises to the Lord and to enjoy fellowship with your fellow Christians. Hope to see you there!
- Midweek Bible Class: The Midweek Bible Class will resume meeting this Wednesday, September 6 at 9:00 AM. Looking forward to seeing regulars as well as any new faces who would like to join us!
- College Students: If you are away (or know someone) at college this year, please update your contact information with the church office. Thank you.
- Veterans: The office is hoping to update our list of military veterans and update the plaque on the hallway wall. If you are a veteran and are not listed on the wall, please let the office or one of the pastors know. Thank you!
- Little Lambs: Little Lambs will be starting Tuesday, September 19th this year and will continue most Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 to 11 AM until the middle of May. For information contact Kimberly Schuette 989-717-6320 (cell) or 989-832-0463 (home).
- Game Night: Join your friends from Good Shepherd for a night of fun playing games and enjoying fellowship. The fun begins at 6:30 PM on Friday, September 22. Pizza and beverages will be provided. Bring your favorite board game and a snack to pass.
- Church Picnic: Our annual church picnic is Sunday, September 24th at 12:00 PM at Plymouth Park, (formerly Pavilion “A”) (by the Playscape). Please bring a dish to pass and meat for the grill. Table service and beverages will be provided.
- Teen Bible Class: The first is scheduled for September 29 at 6:30 PM. Dinner will also be provided. Please contact Pastor for more information.
- Ladies Guild: The Ladies’ Guild is starting back up. The first meeting will this Tuesday, September 5th starting at 6:45 PM in the fellowship hall. All ladies of the congregation are welcome to attend and enjoy the fellowship of your sisters in faith.
- Return to Grace: Please call the church office at 835-4181 to reserve your tickets for Sunday, September 17 at 2 PM at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library. Tickets are available on a first come first serve basis.
- Singers and Musicians Wanted: The Saginaw Valley Lutheran Chorale will begin rehearsals on Sunday, September 10, from 6-8 PM in the choir room at Michigan Lutheran Seminary to prepare for a sacred Christmas concert in early December.
- MLS Homecoming Concessions: Good Shepherd will again be volunteering to staff the MLS Varsity Football concessions stand at Homecoming on Friday, October 6th. If you are interested or have some questions, please contact Bob Lindesmith.