- The parking lot replacement is scheduled to start on Monday, September 29th! In addition to replacing the degrading parking lot the project also includes a second entrance to the lot, detention required for future additions, and new lighting. The plan is to complete the project in three weeks with parking being available on the lot for Sunday services.
- New Organ: We are blessed to have received the generous gift of a new organ for our sanctuary! The new organ will be arriving soon and will be a wonderful blessing for our weekly worship. Please look for more details soon.
- School Scrip: The Home and School Society is participating in the Scrip program this year. Gift cards to local retailers will be available for purchase. The Scrip program then donates a portion of the purchase back to the school. Like Box-Tops and Campbell soup labels, Scrip is an easy and free way to help support some projects around school. Please contact Nicole Mason if you have any questions. She will be available for you to purchase gift cards on Sunday, October 5th & 19th between worship services and after second service.
- Fall Festival Game Night: Good Shepherd will be hosting a Fall Festival game night on Friday, October 17. Pizza and pop will be provided. Please bring a snack to pass and your favorite game. There will be fun for all ages, so please mark your calendar!
- Parents of College students: Please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (835-4181) the church office and give them your child’s contact information so that they can let the appropriate Campus Ministry pastor know.
- Michigan Lutheran Seminary invites all 5th-8th grade students and their families to the Fall Open House. The Open House is on Friday, October 17, 2014, from 1:30 – 5:30 PM. Families are invited to spend part of a day on campus and learn about MLS. For more information about the open house, a schedule, and to register, visit the open house web page at ww.mlsem.org/admissions/visitMLS. or call 989-793-1010. If possible, please register any time before October 14, 2014.
- Lutheran Women’s Missionary Society Fall Rally: Saturday, October 18, 2014 at Holy Cross Lutheran Church 910 E. Cedar Street, Standish, MI. The speaker this year is Kristen Buckley from Hope Lutheran Church of St. Charles. She will speak on her experiences volunteering with Kingdom Workers after Joplin, MO, tornado, with Christians Forward SE Asia, and assisting with VBS and in a medical clinic in Thailand. The Board meeting is at 10:00 AM. Registration begins at 10:30 AM. The Opening Devotion is scheduled for 11:00 AM. Luncheon will be served.
- Save the Date for the Michigan Lutheran Seminary Court Street Players production of “I Remember Mama.” The play will be presented to the public Friday, November 21 through Sunday November 23.