- Mission Festival will take place next Sunday, September 28. A potluck will follow the second service. A sign-up sheet is posted on the church bulletin board.
- School Scrip: The Home and School Society is participating in the Scrip program this year. Gift cards to local retailers will be available for purchase. The Scrip program then donates a portion of the purchase back to the school. Like Box-Tops and Campbell soup labels, Scrip is an easy and free way to help support some projects around school. The first opportunity to purchase Scrip will be Sunday, October 5. From then on, it will be available after worship on the third Sunday of each month.
- Choir: Come join the Choir if you like to have fun and sing praises to the Lord Most High! Practice is held Sundays after second service.
- Fall Festival Game Night: Good Shepherd will be hosting a Fall Festival game night on Friday, October 17. Pizza and pop will be provided. Please bring a snack to pass and your favorite game. There will be fun for all ages, so please mark your calendar!
- MLS Homecoming: Good Shepherd will again volunteer to man the concession stand at MLS for their homecoming game. The date is Friday, September 26. Volunteers would need to arrive at MLS around 6:00 PM. If you are interested, please contact Robert Lindesmith.
- Parents of College students: Please email (email@example.com) or call (835-4181) the church office and give them your child’s contact information so that they can let the appropriate Campus Ministry pastor know.
- Lutheran Women’s Missionary Society Fall Rally: Saturday, October 18, 2014 at Holy Cross Lutheran Church 910 E. Cedar Street, Standish, MI. The speaker this year is Kristen Buckley from Hope Lutheran Church of St. Charles. She will speak on her experiences volunteering with Kingdom Workers after Joplin, MO, tornado, with Christians Forward SE Asia, and assisting with VBS and in a medical clinic in Thailand. The Board meeting is at 10:00 AM. Registration begins at 10:30 AM. The Opening Devotion is scheduled for 11:00 AM. Luncheon will be served.
- MLS Foundation Tailgate Party: Please join us Friday, September 26 at 5:00 PM on the practice field along Hardin St. Menu: Pulled Pork, Assorted Sides & Dessert. Tickets are available now! Purchase your tickets through the MLS Foundation office or Cardinal Corner or call 989-793-7511. Adults & High School Students are $12. Grade School (K-8) are $6. Pre-K and under are just a penny!
- Michigan Lutheran Seminary invites you to the 2014 Homecoming Game Friday, September 26 at 7:00 PM as they take on the Sharks of St. Louis High School. Please join us!
- Michigan Lutheran Seminary Homecoming Court is looking for convertible owners to drive the ladies around the football field on Homecoming night (September 26) during half time. If you’d like to show off your fancy wheels in support of MLS, email Brooke Buckley by Sunday, Sept 21 at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
- Michigan Lutheran Seminary invites all 5th-8th grade students and their families to the Fall Open House. The Open House is on Friday, October 17, 2014, from 1:30 – 5:30 PM Families are invited to spend part of a day on campus and learn about MLS. For more information about the open house, a schedule, and to register, visit the open house web page at ww.mlsem.org/admissions/visit MLS. or call 989-793-1010. If possible, please register any time before October 14, 2014.
- Save the Date for the Michigan Lutheran Seminary Court Street Players production of “I Remember Mama.” The play will be presented to the public Friday, November 21 through Sunday November 23.