- Midweek Bible Class: Please note there is no catechism or morning midweek Bible class this Wednesday, as Pastor Behnken will be at Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary this week. There will, however, be the evening session, since it is an online study led by Professor Wessel of MLC.
- Estate Planning: On Sunday, October 4, our district’s Planned Giving Counselor, Pastor John Kenyon, will preach at our worship and will provide a presentation on estate and other planned giving in place of the adult Bible Class. Please plan on joining us for this informational presentation. If you have specific questions, Pastor Kenyon will be available Saturday evening to meet with individuals.
- Mission Festival: Mission Festival is planned this year for Sunday, October 18. Our district’s Mission Board Chairman, Pastor Bob Krueger, will preach at our worship and provide a presentation on our district’s mission work. A potluck meal will follow the second service. Look for more information soon!
- Choir: All members who have been confirmed are welcome to join us in singing praise to our God. Choir rehearsals take place Sundays after second service and begin today. For more information, contact our adult choir director.
- Little Lambs begins this Tuesday, September 22 starting at 9:00 AM.
- Women’s Bible Study: All women are invited to join us at 6:30 PM on Sunday evenings, beginning September 27, in the fellowship hall as we begin a study of The Lyrics of Love – Solomon’s Song of Songs. Look for more information in your mailbox.
- Game Night: Good Shepherd will have a Fall Game Night for everyone of all ages this Friday, September 25 at 6:30 PM. Pizza and pop will be provided. Bring your favorite game as well as a snack to pass.
- MLS Homecoming Tailgate Party: The MLS Foundation would like to invite you to celebrate the tradition of football, food and fun at MLS. Please join us! Friday, October 9 at 5:00 PM (On the practice field along Hardin St.) Menu includes pulled pork, sausage, potatoes, mac & cheese, vegetables, and an assortment of pasta salads and fruit. Tickets are absolutely necessary. This fabulous party becomes more popular every year and you don’t want to miss the fun! Tickets are available now! Purchase your tickets through the MLS Foundation office at 989-793-7511. Adults-$12; Grade School (K-8)-$6; Pre-K and under-just a penny (ticket prices do not include admission to the 7:00 PM football game vs. Valley Lutheran)
- The MLS Fall Open House is Friday, October 9, 2015 from 1:30 to 5:30 PM. The Homecoming Football game is at 7:00 PM Please register by October 6, 2015. For more information about the Open House, or if you would like to register, please visit the MLS website at www.mlsem.org.
News & Notes – September 20