- Thanksgiving baskets: The next two Sundays (November 2 and November 9) we will be collecting free will offerings for gift cards to be purchased for our Thanksgiving baskets. No food donations will be taken this year! These gift cards will be delivered to some members of our congregation who could use a little extra help at this special time of the year.
- Christmas for Kids: A sign-up sheet is available on the bulletin board for volunteering and donating items for Christmas for Kids. The event is scheduled this year for the morning of Saturday, December 13. Look for more information soon.
- Joint Reformation Service: Join your brothers and sisters from the area for a special Reformation service on Sunday, November 2 at 4:00 PM. The service will take place at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church in Saginaw.
- Ladies Shopping Trip: A shopping trip to Canterbury Village is scheduled for November 1. It is open to all the ladies of the congregation and their families and friends. We will meet here at the church and leave at 7:30 AM. We will be stopping at the Cracker Barrel in Bridgeport on the way. A sign-up sheet has been posted to the church bulletin board.
- Fall production at Michigan Lutheran Seminary: Michigan Lutheran Seminary will present the play, I Remember Mama, on Friday, November 21 at 7 PM, Saturday, November 22 at 7 PM and on Sunday, November 23 at 2:30 PM in the school’s chapel/auditorium. Tickets will be available at the MLS Business Office (989-793-1041 Ext. 264 from 8 AM- 4 PM) beginning Monday October 20, or at the door prior to each performance. Reserved ticket prices are $10 adults $5 children (through grade 8). Come enjoy this play which tells the story of a Norwegian immigrant family, the Hansens, and their life in San Francisco in 1910.
- Light Up a Student’s Life! Each year the MLS Foundation sponsors a Light Up a Student’s Life Program. This program gives people the opportunity to purchase a light bulb on a special tree in honor of, or in memory of someone special in their life. The Foundation will send a Christmas card to the recipient of this honor on your behalf. The tree will be on display throughout November and December. Contributions will support the MLS Student Need Fund which provides ongoing financial assistance to the students who attend MLS now and in the future. For more information please call the Foundation office at 989-793-1010 ext. 37 or visit the web site http://www.mls-foundation.org/LUASL.html