- WLS Food Bank: Today is the last day we will be gathering a special offering for Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary’s food bank. The food bank supports married students and their families while they are studying at the Seminary. Funds go to purchasing food, baby items, and household necessities.
- Veterans: The office is hoping to update our list of military veterans and update the plaque on the hallway wall. If you are a veteran and are not listed on the wall, please let the office or one of the pastors know. Thank you!
- Church Librarian: We are currently looking for a new volunteer church librarian. A description of job duties is coming soon. Please let one of the pastors know if you are interested in this position. Please also check at home to see if you have any church library books that you are currently not using.
- Girls BALL Tournament – November 18-19: We are the host school this year and are in need of volunteers from the church and school to make this year’s tournament a success. It will be at St. John’s in Bay City. A sign-up sheet is posted on the school bulletin board. Please take a look and sign up for a few open spots. Thank you.
- Saginaw Area Joint Reformation Service: The WELS/ELS congregations of greater Saginaw will gather in a joint expression of our confessional Lutheran faith as we give thanks for God’s blessings through the Lutheran Reformation. This joint service of worship and thanksgiving will be held on Sunday, November 6, at St Paul’s Lutheran Church (Court & Bond Streets) in Saginaw. The service will begin at 4:00 PM. Rev. Marcus Manthey, pastor of St. John’s Lutheran Church of Zilwaukee and chairman of the Saginaw Area Joint Services Committee will be the festival preacher. A children’s choir as well as festival organ and instrumentation will beautify the worship.
- Michigan Lutheran Seminary will present the play You Can’t Take It With You. You Can’t Take It With You is a comical play about the Sycamore Family. The family is a little quirky, with the exception of one daughter, Alice who is “normal.” Alice is soon to be engaged to Tony Kirby and humorous things happen when the Kirby family is introduced to the Sycamores. Crazy fireworks in the basement, bad ballet dancing, and the quick wit of Grandpa all make for a very entertaining show. Performances are Nov. 18 and 19 at 7:00 PM and Nov 20 at 2:30 PM. Tickets are $10 adults $5 children (through 8th grade). Please call 793-1010 ext. 264 for tickets!
News & Notes – October 23