- Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary Food Bank collection continues. Please do not donate any expired or damaged goods. Monetary gifts are also welcome and are used to purchase store gift cards for the WLS families. The collection will be gathered from October 12 – 26.
- School SCRIP will be available for purchase on the third Sunday of each month.
- Christmas for Kids: A sign-up sheet is available on the bulletin board for volunteering and donating items for Christmas for Kids. The event is scheduled this year for the morning of Saturday, December 13. Look for more information soon.
- Joint Reformation Service: Join your brothers and sisters from the area for a special Reformation service on Sunday, November 2 at 4:00 PM. The service will take place at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church in Saginaw.
- Reformation Diet: You are cordially invited to the 2nd Annual Bay Area Reformation Diet (lecture) on Saturday, October 25 from 4-7 PM. Professor John Brenner of our Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary will give a presentation on the current state between the Wisconsin and Missouri Synods. The event will take place at Tri-City Brewing in Bay City. A meal will be provided, and a free-will offering will be gathered. Participants are asked to bring a dish to pass.
- Ladies Shopping Trip: A shopping trip to Canterbury Village is scheduled for November 1. It is open to all the ladies of the congregation and their families and friends. We will meet here at the church and leave at 7:30 AM. We will be stopping at the Cracker Barrel in Bridgeport on the way. A sign-up sheet has been posted to the church bulletin board.
- Fall production at Michigan Lutheran Seminary: Michigan Lutheran Seminary will present the play, I Remember Mama, on Friday, November 21, at 7 PM, Saturday, November 22 at 7 PM and on Sunday, November 23, at 2:30 PM in the school’s chapel/auditorium. Tickets will be available at the MLS Business Office (989-793-1041 Ext. 264 from 8 AM- 4 PM) beginning Monday October 20, or at the door prior to each performance. Reserved ticket prices are $10 adults $5 children (through grade 8). Come enjoy this play which tells the story of a Norwegian immigrant family, the Hansens, and their life in San Francisco in 1910.
News & Notes – October 19