- Fall Fun Fest is this afternoon from 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM.
- Home & School Society is tomorrow, October 17 at 7:00 PM at Grand Traverse Pie Company.
- Voters’ Meeting is this Tuesday, October 18 at 7:00 PM. Voters, please plan on attending this important meeting. An important part of the meeting will be to plot the next steps in our expansion project.
- WLS Food Bank: We will be gathering a special offering on October 16 and 23 for Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary’s food bank. The food bank supports married students and their families while they are studying at the Seminary. Funds go to purchasing food, baby items, and household necessities.
- Veterans: The office is hoping to update our list of military veterans and update the plaque on the hallway wall. If you are a veteran and are not listed on the wall, please let the office or one of the pastors know. Thank you!
- Forward in Christ & Meditations for 2017: Please note the sign-up sheets on the church bulletin board. Please add your name to the current list if you are interested in a subscription for 2017. Please cross out our name if you no longer want to receive it for the next year. Thank you.
- Saginaw Area Joint Reformation Service: The WELS/ELS congregations of greater Saginaw will gather in a joint expression of our confessional Lutheran faith as we give thanks for God’s blessings through the Lutheran Reformation. This joint service of worship and thanksgiving will be held on Sunday, November 6, at St Paul’s Lutheran Church (Court & Bond Streets) in Saginaw. The service will begin at 4:00 PM. Rev. Marcus Manthey, pastor of S.t John’s Lutheran Church of Zilwaukee and chairman of the Saginaw Area Joint Services Committee will be the festival preacher. A children’s choir as well as festival organ and instrumentation will beautify the worship.
- Michigan Lutheran Seminary will present the play You Can’t Take It With You. You Can’t Take It With You is a comical play about the Sycamore Family. The family is a little quirky, with the exception of one daughter, Alice who is “normal.” Alice is soon to be engaged to Tony Kirby and humorous things happen when the Kirby family is introduced to the Sycamores. Crazy fireworks in the basement, bad ballet dancing, and the quick wit of Grandpa all make for a very entertaining show. Tickets go on sale Monday, Oct. 17. Performances are Nov. 18 and 19 at 7:00 PM and Nov 20 at 2:30 PM. Tickets are $10 adults $5 children (through 8th grade). Please call 793-1010 ext. 264 for tickets!