- Thanksgiving baskets: We will be collecting a free-will offering next Sunday the 16th for gift cards to be purchased for our Thanksgiving baskets. No food donations will be taken this year! These gift cards will be delivered to some members of our congregation who could use a little extra help at this special time of the year.
- School SCRIP will be available for purchase next Sunday the 16th following the worship services.
- Christmas for Kids: A sign-up sheet is available for volunteering and donating items for Christmas for Kids. The event is scheduled this year for the morning of Saturday, December 13.
- Christmas Service Rehearsal will be held on Saturday, December 20 at 10 AM for all children PK-8 who would like to participate in the service December 21. If you would like music or recitations to work on at home, please speak with Pastor Behnken.
- Altar flower signup sheets are posted for 2015 on the church bulletin board. Please sign up if you would like to give an offering of flowers.
- I Remember Mama – Tickets are still available for the Michigan Lutheran Seminary production of the play, I Remember Mama. This play will be presented in the MLS Chapel/Auditorium on Friday, Nov. 21 at 7 PM, Saturday, Nov. 22 at 7 PM, and Sunday, Nov. 23 at 2:30 PM. Please call the school Business Office (989-793-1041 ext. 264) from 8-4 or stop during regular school hours for more information about reserved seating tickets.
- Light Up a Student’s Life! Each year the MLS Foundation sponsors a Light Up a Student’s Life Program. This program gives people the opportunity to purchase a light bulb on a special tree in honor of, or in memory of someone special in their life. The Foundation will send a Christmas card to the recipient of this honor on your behalf. The tree will be on display throughout November and December. Contributions will support the MLS Student Need Fund which provides ongoing financial assistance to the students who attend MLS now and in the future. For more information please call the Foundation office at 989-793-1010 ext. 37 or visit the web site http://www.mls-foundation.org/LUASL.html
- Youth Wrestling Program Starting: This youth wrestling program is for ages 5-14 (PK-8th grade). There will be a registration/informational meeting on Monday, November 10th starting at 6:30 PM in the Band Room at MLS. You can enter the school through the main entrance on Hardin Street, by the gymnasium. We will try and have practice Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 6:00-7:30PM on the Mezzanine at MLS. Wrestling season starts December 1st and goes until the end of March. Please bring a copy of the wrestler’s birth certificate if you intend to register. If you have questions please email Josh Wakefield at email@example.com.