- One in Christ Sunday: Today is called “One in Christ Sunday.” On this day, we will give thanks to God for the special blessings we enjoy from our Wisconsin Synod. We will also have the opportunity to collect a special offering to eliminate the synod’s debt. Eliminating this debt will open up 1.6 million dollars per year that can be used for ministry purposes instead of interest payments. Special envelopes for this offering are available in your mailbox. If you would like to participate, please place your special envelope in the offering plate today or any of the remaining Sundays in November.
- Thanksgiving Baskets: Today and next Sunday the 15th we will be collecting a free will offering for gift cards to be purchased for our Thanksgiving baskets. No food donations will be taken this year! These gift cards will be delivered to some members of our congregation who could use a little extra help at this special time of the year.
- Women’s Bible Class: Please note that the Women’s Bible Class will not meet today or next week, November 15.
- Special Offerings: In keeping with the congregation’s custom to use special offerings to support the Lord’s work outside of Good Shepherd, the Voters made the following special service offering (special envelopes and loose offering) designations: Thanksgiving Day: WELS Christian Aid and Relief; Advent Services: Home Missions (1. Standish, 2. Palabra De Vida, 3. Cadillac); Children’s Service and Christmas Eve: Good Shepherd Scholarship Fund; Christmas Day: MLS; New Year’s Eve: Christian Life Resources of Saginaw Valley.
- MLC is now accepting applications for one full-time accountant. A comprehensive description of this position and application can be secured by visiting www.mlc-wels.edu/hr/open-positions. Applications will be accepted through 12:00 PM on Monday, November 9, 2015. Additional information and details can be obtained by contacting the Martin Luther College Human Resources Office at 507-354-8221, ext. 399
News & Notes – November 8