- A Door Offering will be taken for Thanksgiving Baskets today and next Sunday the 13th. We will be collecting a free will offering for gift cards to be purchased for our Thanksgiving baskets. These gift cards will be delivered to some members of our congregation who could use a little extra help at this special time of the year
- Veterans: The office is hoping to update our list of military veterans and update the plaque on the hallway wall. If you are a veteran and are not listed on the wall, please let the office or one of the pastors know. Thank you!
- Coffee: Join friends from Good Shepherd for coffee and conversation Wednesdays at 10:00 am (after midweek Bible Class). The group meets at various locations. Currently, they are meeting at Grand Traverse Pie Company. All are welcome. For more information, please speak with Liz Brown.
- The ladies shopping trip has been scheduled for Saturday, November 12 to Rochester and Rochester Hills. We will plan to leave the church parking lot by 8:00 am. We plan to eat breakfast at the Cracker Barrel along the way. Please sign up on the sheet posted on the church bulletin board.
- Girls BALL Tournament – November 18-19: We are the host school this year and are in need of volunteers from the church and school to make this year’s tournament a success. It will be at St. John’s in Bay City. A sign-up sheet is posted on the school bulletin board. Please take a look and sign up for a few open spots. Thank you.
- Saginaw Area Joint Reformation Service: The WELS/ELS congregations of greater Saginaw will gather in a joint expression of our confessional Lutheran faith as we give thanks for God’s blessings through the Lutheran Reformation. This joint service of worship and thanksgiving will be held today at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church (Court & Bond Streets) in Saginaw. The service will begin at 4:00pm. Rev. Marcus Manthey, pastor of St. John’s Lutheran Church of Zilwaukee and chairman of the Saginaw Area Joint Services Committee will be the festival preacher. A children’s choir as well as festival organ and instrumentation will beautify the worship.
News & Notes – November 6