- Midweek Advent Worship begins this Wednesday. Join us as we hear God’s first promises of a Savior.
- Advent Soup Suppers: Advent soup suppers will take place before our Midweek Advent Services beginning at 5:30 PM. Sign-up sheets are posted on the bulletin board. All are welcome!
- Scrip Cards will be available for purchase after both worship services next Sunday, December 6.
- Christmas Baskets: We will be collecting a free will offering next Sunday, December 6 and 13 for gift cards to be purchased for our Christmas baskets. No food donations will be taken this year! These gift cards will be delivered to some members of our congregation who could use a little extra help at this special time of the year.
- Christmas Poinsettias: Today is the last day to sign-up for Christmas poinsettias. Each plant is $7.00. You may take home your poinsettias after the first of January. Thank you for beautifying our church to celebrate Christ’s birth!
- A Special Voters’ Meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, December 15 to pass our 2016 budget and elect officers. All voters are encouraged to attend. If you cannot attend, please excuse to the office or to Council Secretary.
- Saginaw Valley Lutheran Chorale: At 4:00 PM on Sunday, December 13, the Saginaw Valley Lutheran Chorale will present its annual Christmas concert in the chapel of Michigan Lutheran Seminary. In its 25th season, the SVLC is made up of musicians from WELS/ELS congregations throughout the area. Come celebrate Christmas as the choir proclaims the birth of Christ in song!
- Christmas for Kids is Saturday, December 12 from 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM. There are signup sheets on the church bulletin board. Please take a look, as we need volunteers to make this event a success.
- Children’s Christmas Service will be on Sunday December 20 at 3:00 PM. Following the service there will be a fellowship gathering with cookies being served. There is a sign-up sheet on the bulletin board if you would like to bring cookies.
- Special Offerings: In keeping with the congregation’s custom to use special offerings to support the Lord’s work outside of Good Shepherd, the Voters made the following special service offering (special envelopes and loose offering) designations: Advent Services: Home Missions (1. Standish, 2. Palabra De Vida, 3. Cadillac); Children’s Service and Christmas Eve: Good Shepherd Scholarship Fund; Christmas Day: MLS; New Year’s Eve: Christian Life Resources of Saginaw Valley.
- The MLS Foundation sponsors a Light Up a Student’s Life Program. This program gives people the opportunity to purchase a light bulb on a special tree in honor of, or in memory of someone special in their life. The Foundation will send a Christmas card to the recipient of this honor on your behalf. The tree will be on display throughout November and December. Donations given are used for the MLS Foundation Student Need Fund which helps provide student assistance. For more information please call the Foundation office at 989-793-7511 or visit the website mls-foundation.org.
News & Notes – November 29