- Church Office: The office will be closed November 25-27.
- Christmas Poinsettias: A sign-up sheet to order Christmas poinsettias is on the church bulletin board. Each plant is $7.00. Please sign up by Sunday December 6th. You may take home your poinsettias after the first of January. Thank you for beautifying our church to celebrate Christ’s birth!
- Christmas Baskets: We will be collecting a free will offering Sunday, December 6 and 13 for gift cards to be purchased for our Christmas baskets. No food donations will be taken this year! These gift cards will be delivered to some members of our congregation who could use a little extra help at this special time of the year.
- Advent Soup Suppers: Advent soup suppers will take place before our Midweek Advent Services beginning at 5:30 PM. A sign-up sheet is posted on the bulletin board. All are welcome!
- Saginaw Valley Lutheran Chorale: At 4:00pm on Sunday, December 13th, the Saginaw Valley Lutheran Chorale will present its annual Christmas concert in the chapel of Michigan Lutheran Seminary. In its 25th season, the SVLC is made up of musicians from WELS/ELS congregations throughout the area. Come celebrate Christmas as the choir proclaims the birth of Christ in song!
- Zilwaukee Anniversary: The members of St. John Lutheran Church of Zilwaukee invite you to join them in praising almighty God for 150 years of his free and faithful grace. A special anniversary worship service will take place in St. John’s sanctuary (318 So. Franklin Street in Zilwaukee) on Sunday afternoon, December 6th, beginning at 4:00 PM. The Rev. Mark Schroeder, president of our Wisconsin Synod, will serve as guest preacher. Mr. Ryan Friske, minister of music at Trinity Lutheran School in Bay City and director of the Saginaw Valley Lutheran Chorale, will be the guest organist. Following the worship service, a catered dinner will be served in the St. John Parish Hall. Because seating is limited, we ask those wishing to dine to RSVP by calling 989-752-0445 and requesting passes to the dinner for those who will attend. The deadline for such requests is Friday, November 27th. Passes will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Christmas for Kids is Saturday, December 12th from 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM. There are signup sheets on the church bulletin board. Please take a look, as we need volunteers to make this event a success.
- Children’s Christmas Service Rehearsal will be held on Saturday, December 19 at 10 AM for all children PK-8 who would like to participate in the service December 20.
- Special Offerings: In keeping with the congregation’s custom to use special offerings to support the Lord’s work outside of Good Shepherd, the Voters made the following special service offering (special envelopes and loose offering) designations: Thanksgiving Day: WELS Christian Aid and Relief; Advent Services: Home Missions (1. Standish, 2. Palabra De Vida, 3. Cadillac); Children’s Service and Christmas Eve: Good Shepherd Scholarship Fund; Christmas Day: MLS; New Year’s Eve: Christian Life Resources of Saginaw Valley.
- MCTV: Our worship services are available on MCTV. They can be seen on Thursdays at 7:00 PM on channel 97, and Fridays at 9:00 AM on channel 99.