- Thanksgiving baskets: We will be collecting a free will offering the next two Sundays (the 9th and the 16th) for gift cards to be purchased for our Thanksgiving baskets. No food donations will be taken this year! These gift cards will be delivered to some members of our congregation who could use a little extra help at this special time of the year.
- Christmas for Kids: A sign-up sheet is available for volunteering and donating items for Christmas for Kids. The event is scheduled this year for the morning of Saturday, December 13.
- Christmas Service Rehearsal will be held on Saturday, December 20 at 10 AM for all children PK-8 who would like to participate in the service December 21.
- I Remember Mama – Tickets are still available for the Michigan Lutheran Seminary production of the play, I Remember Mama. This play will be presented in the MLS Chapel/Auditorium on Friday, Nov. 21 at 7 PM, Saturday, Nov. 22 at 7 PM, and Sunday, Nov. 23 at 2:30 PM. Please call the school Business Office (989-793-1041 Ext. 264) from 8-4 or stop during regular school hours for more information about reserved seating tickets.
- Light Up a Student’s Life! Each year the MLS Foundation sponsors a Light Up a Student’s Life Program. This program gives people the opportunity to purchase a light bulb on a special tree in honor of, or in memory of someone special in their life. The Foundation will send a Christmas card to the recipient of this honor on your behalf. The tree will be on display throughout November and December. Contributions will support the MLS Student Need Fund which provides ongoing financial assistance to the students who attend MLS now and in the future. For more information please call the Foundation office at 989-793-1010 ext. 37 or visit the web site http://www.mls-foundation.org/LUASL.html
- Youth Wrestling Program Starting: This youth wrestling program is for ages 5-14 (PK-8th grade). There will be a registration/informational meeting on Monday, November 10th starting at 6:30 PM in the Band Room at MLS. You can enter the school through the main entrance on Hardin Street, by the gymnasium. We will try and have practice Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 6:00-7:30PM on the Mezzanine at MLS. Wrestling season starts December 1st and goes until the end of March. Please bring a copy of the wrestler’s birth certificate if you intend to register. If you have questions please email Josh Wakefield at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Wartburg Project has made available their translation of The Passion History. NPH is making this available via this link: nph.net/wartburgproject. May God bless the use of this publication among his people.
- WELS Holy Land Tour March 2015: Pastor Matthew Schwartz of Good Shepherd Lutheran Church of Downers Grove, IL, (WELS) will lead a ten day tour of Israel from March 13th – 22nd, 2015. For more information about the tour and pricing, please contact him at 630-783-9495, or email him at email@example.com. The deadline to register is December 13th, 2014.