- Area Reformation Service: Join your brothers and sisters from neighboring congregations for the annual Area Reformation Service at St. Paul’s in Saginaw at 4:00 PM.
- One in Christ Sunday: Sunday, November 8 will be a special Sunday called “One in Christ Sunday.” On this day, we will give thanks to God for the special blessings we enjoy from our Wisconsin Synod. We will also have the opportunity to collect a special offering to eliminate the synod’s debt. Eliminating this debt will open up 1.6 million dollars per year that can be used for ministry purposes instead of interest payments. Special envelopes for this offering are available in your mailbox. If you would like to participate, please place your special envelope in the offering plate on One in Christ Sunday or any of the remaining Sundays in November.
- WELS Connection: Prior to the beginning of Adult Bible Class today, we will watch this month’s edition of the WELS Connection.
- Women’s Bible Class: Beginning in November the Women’s Bible Study will start at 7:00 PM on Sundays. Please note that we will not meet on November 8 or 15.
- Attention Ladies: There will be a shopping trip to the thumb area on Saturday, Nov. 7. We will meet at 8:00 AM and enjoy breakfast in Bay City on our way. Please see Marilyn Schwab with any questions. It is open to all the ladies of the congregation. A sign-up sheet is on the bulletin board.
- WLS Food Bank Donations: Today is the last Sunday we will be taking monetary gifts (checks payable to Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary) to assist the married students at WLS. An offering basket is in the back of church.
- Crusader Wear Form: Order Forms with payment are due today.
- Thanksgiving Baskets: The upcoming two Sundays, November 8 & 15, we will be collecting free will offerings for gift cards to be purchased for our Thanksgiving baskets. No food donations will be taken this year! These gift cards will be delivered to some members of our congregation who could use a little extra help at this special time of the year.
- Special Offerings: In keeping with the congregation’s custom to use special offerings to support the Lord’s work outside of Good Shepherd, the Voters made the following special service offering (special envelopes and loose offering) designations: Thanksgiving Day: WELS Christian Aid and Relief; Advent Services: Home Missions (1. Standish, 2. Palabra De Vida, 3. Cadillac); Children’s Service and Christmas Eve: Good Shepherd Scholarship Fund; Christmas Day: MLS; New Year’s Eve: Christian Life Resources of Saginaw Valley.
- MLC is now accepting applications for one full-time accountant. A comprehensive description of this position and application can be secured by visiting www.mlc-wels.edu/hr/open-positions. Applications will be accepted through 12:00 PM on Monday, November 9, 2015. Additional information and details can be obtained by contacting the Martin Luther College Human Resources Office at 507-354-8221, ext. 399.
News & Notes – November 1