- Geraniums for Pentecost: It has been a tradition for many years that red geraniums decorate our church altar on Pentecost which will take place on June 8th this year. There is a sign-up sheet on the bulletin board if you would like to order a plant at a cost of $3.50 each. Please sign up by June 1st. On the sign-up sheet there is also a place to mark whether you would like to take your geraniums home or leave them to plant at the church. Thank you!
- The 2nd Annual Chili Cook Off is planned for Friday, May 30th starting at 6:00 PM. The event will again take place at the Krueger’s. This event is for the whole family. A sign-up sheet is posted.
- An outside work day is scheduled for Saturday, May 31st starting at 9:00 AM. Volunteers are needed to help clean up and maintain the grounds of our building. We will be spreading mulch, trimming, edging and planting. If you can bring your own landscaping/gardening tools that would be very helpful.
- Box Tops and Labels for Education: Please turn in any Box Tops and Labels for Education by May 30th. Collection boxes are located in the fellowship hall. We had another great year. Thank you and keep up the good work!
- The Board of Education is interested in forming a committee that will focus on growing and promoting the LES. The committee will be open to any adult members. Please contact Craig Schuette or Principal Bush for more information.
- Keys to the Church: If you are a past board member and you have a key to the church, please turn it into the church office or one of the trustees.
- WELS Kingdom Workers is inviting you to a Loons Game at Dow Diamond on June 21st. Game time is at 7:05 PM. Ticket and more information is posted on the church bulletin board.
- This past week, the Church Council received an update from our circuit pastor, Pastor Seafert of St. Bartholomew in Kawkawlin. Pastor Seafert provided a report from the Conference of Presidents and the Synodical Council, the groups charged with the administration of the synod between conventions. These groups estimate that the synod will experience an estimated 1.2 million dollar budget shortfall. The synod is requesting that each congregation re-evaluate their offering to the synod before it would decide in July if cuts to ministry plans would be necessary. In response to this report, the Church Council resolved to carry out a special offering through the month of June for a gift to the synod over and above our regular congregational mission offering. Please speak to the pastors or church council member if you have any questions, and thank you for your generosity in this regard!