- A New Bible Study began this week. We’ll be studying the first letter the Holy Spirit inspired Peter to write. God has Peter show us that Our Savior Surrounds our Sufferings with Grace. The reality of life is that we suffer in many different ways. Peter describes some of the ways we suffer – some sufferings simply because we are Christians – but God also has Peter surround our sufferings with explanations of the undeserved love of God which makes it possible for us to endure. Join your brothers and sisters for this study which takes place between our services.
- A New Midweek Bible Study will begin during the weeks of February. Together, we will study what our Lord teaches us about how to read and study his Word. The morning class will meet as always at 9:00 AM The evening class will meet at 7:30 PM so that we can participate in an online study of the topic led by WELS President Mark Schroeder. Please join us for this special opportunity!
- Flowers on the altar were in honor of the SANCTITY OF LIFE. The red rose is the symbol for LIFE and the baby’s breath is to remember that every baby is a gift of Almighty God, the creator of LIFE. “In HIS hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind.” Job 12:10 Thank you Jodi Herman, Pam Krueger, Ron & Mary Shaffer and Sandy Umphrey for the flowers and for volunteering for our (WELS) Pregnancy Counseling Center in Saginaw.
- Please note our school’s basketball game schedule on the bulletin board and come and cheer on our team!
- Registration for the 20th Annual Today’s Christian Women’s Retreat continues. Speakers include Dr. Kevin Peil speaking on the Human Body and other topics like Growing Up Mormon, Reaching Out with the Gospel to Muslims and Modeling Christ’s Everlasting Love in the Congregational Setting. The musical groups, the Divers and Koine’ will also be features. See more details and register online at www.tcwr.org.
- MLS invites all 5th – 8th graders and their families to attend its Winter Open House on January 28, 2014. Students and their families will hear about MLS’ purpose, learn of MLS’ various programs, see the school campus, visit classes, and learn about financial assistance at MLS. The Winter Open House is free and runs from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Please RSVP 4-5 days in advance by visiting www.mlsem.org and clicking on “Visit MLS” or calling (989) 233-0104.
- MLS Foundation Dinner and Auction will be held Sunday, February 16, 2014, 4:00 pm at Sullivan’s Black Forest in Frankenmuth. Cost is $30 per person of which $10 is a direct donation. We also need donations of new items and services. Call the Foundation office 989-793-1041 ext. 234 for reservations or information.
- MLS is now accepting applications for next year. All applications for new students received by March 15, 2014 will receive a $50 discount on their tuition. Apply online (our preference) at www.mlsem.org. You may also print off a paper application from our website. There is no fee for submitting an application and all discounts will be applied upon enrollment at MLS. Current students do not need to re-apply.
- MLS: On Monday, February 10, Pastor Andrew Naumann, the Michigan Lutheran Seminary (MLS) recruiter, will have a presentation about MLS. Those interested in learning about MLS, especially grade school students and their families, are welcome to attend. The presentation will start at 1:00 pm.
News & Notes – January 26