- Christmas Baskets: We are collecting a free will offering today and next Sunday, for gift cards to be purchased for our Christmas baskets. There is a basket in the back of the sanctuary. No food donations will be taken this year! These gift cards will be delivered to some members of our congregation who could use a little extra help at this special time of the year.
- Scrip Cards are available for purchase after both worship services today.
- Christmas Poinsettias: The sign-up sheet is up and you have until December 11 (this date has changed since last week) to order. Each plant is $6.00. You may take home your poinsettias after the first of January. Thank you for beautifying our church to celebrate Christ’s birth!
- Advent Evening Worship: This year, we will have a single Advent midweek evening service this Wednesday, December 7 at 6:30pm. A soup supper will precede the service at 5:30. All are welcomed and encouraged to attend.
- Christmas for Kids is scheduled for Saturday, December 10 from 9:30am to 12:30pm. There are volunteer and donation sheets on the bulletin board. Please sign up if you are willing to volunteer your time or donate items. Many volunteers are needed to make a successful event.
- Caroling: Our annual caroling group will gather at church at 6:30pm on Friday, December 16. Following caroling, all are invited to the Behnken’s for food and fellowship.
- Children’s Christmas Service will be on Sunday December 18 at 3:00pm. Following the service there will be a fellowship gathering with cookies being served. There is a sign-up sheet on the school bulletin board if you would like to bring cookies.
- Pregnancy Care Center Giving Tree: In the hallway is a special Christmas tree. The tree is decorated with star shaped ornaments with gift suggestions for helping out the families served by our Pregnancy Care Centers. Choose whichever ornament you like, purchase the item and place in the collection box in the church office. Gift cards or checks can be given to the church secretary. The volunteers at the PCC will combine your gifts of love with God’s Word to help meet both the physical and spiritual needs of the families who come to the Centers for help. Have a blessed Christmas!
- Special Offerings: In keeping with the congregation’s custom to use special offerings to support the Lord’s work outside of Good Shepherd, the Voters made the following special service offering (special envelopes and loose offering) designations: Thanksgiving Day: WELS Christian Aid and Relief; Advent Service: Caledonia; Children’s Service and Christmas Eve: Good Shepherd Scholarship Fund; Christmas Day: MLS; New Year’s Eve: Christian Life Resources of Saginaw Valley; Epiphany Service: Standish.
- The ornaments on our Christmas tree all have a special symbolic Christian meaning. The name for these are Chrismons. A display is in the hall by Pastor Behnken’s office room explaining the symbolic meaning of the different ornaments.
- Saginaw Valley Lutheran Chorale: December 10th and 11th, the Saginaw Valley Lutheran Chorale will present its annual Christmas concert titled, “Christ Is Born.” The Saturday concert will take place in the newly remodeled sanctuary of Trinity Lutheran Church, Bay City at 7pm. The Sunday concert will be in the chapel of Michigan Lutheran Seminary at 4pm. The SVLC is made up of musicians from WELS/ELS congregations throughout the area. A free-will offering will be collected for the Cantate Deo grant. This is given to MLS graduates who are pursuing music education at Martin Luther College. Please plan to attend as the chorale proclaims the birth of Christ in song!