- Christmas Baskets: Today is the last day we are collecting for a free will offering. There is a basket in the back of the sanctuary. No food donations will be taken this year! Gift cards will be delivered to some members of our congregation who could use a little extra help at this special time of the year.
- Christmas Poinsettias: Today is the last day to sign-up for Poinsettias. Each plant is $6.00. You may take home your poinsettias after the first of January. Thank you for beautifying our church to celebrate Christ’s birth!
- Thank you to all those who volunteered and donated items for Christmas for Kids this year. It could not have been a success without your help.
- Caroling: Our annual caroling group will gather at church at 6:30 pm this Friday, December 16. Following caroling, all are invited to the Behnken’s for food and fellowship.
- Children’s Christmas Service will be next Sunday December 18 at 3:00 pm. Following the service there will be a fellowship gathering with cookies being served. There is a sign-up sheet on the school bulletin board if you would like to bring cookies.
- Fellowship: If you are interested in good coffee and stimulating conversation, please join us at Grand Traverse Pie Company on Wednesdays at 10:30 am.
- 2017 Offering Envelopes: Your 2017 offering envelopes have been placed in your church mailbox. Please do not use these envelopes until 2017. Your assigned number could be different from your 2016 envelopes.
- Pregnancy Care Center Giving Tree: In the hallway is a special Christmas tree. The tree is decorated with star shaped ornaments with gift suggestions for helping out the families served by our Pregnancy Care Centers. Choose whichever ornament you like, purchase the item and place in the collection box in the church office. Gift cards or checks can be given to the church secretary. The volunteers at the PCC will combine your gifts of love with God’s Word to help meet both the physical and spiritual needs of the families who come to the Centers for help. Have a blessed Christmas!
- Special Offerings: In keeping with the congregation’s custom to use special offerings to support the Lord’s work outside of Good Shepherd, the Voters made the following special service offering (special envelopes and loose offering) designations: Thanksgiving Day: WELS Christian Aid and Relief; Advent Service: Caledonia; Children’s Service and Christmas Eve: Good Shepherd Scholarship Fund; Christmas Day: MLS; New Year’s Eve: Christian Life Resources of Saginaw Valley; Epiphany Service: Standish.
- The ornaments on our Christmas tree all have a special symbolic Christian meaning. The name for these are Chrismons. A display is in the hall by Pastor Behnken’s office explaining the symbolic meaning of the different ornaments.
ADVENT AND CHRISTMAS WORSHIP SCHEDULE
Sunday, December 18 3:00pm Children’s Christmas Service
Saturday, December 24 6:30pm Christmas Eve Candlelight Worship
Sunday, December 25 9:00am Christmas Day Festival Worship
Saturday, December 31 6:30pm New Year’s Eve Worship
Sunday, January 1 9:00am New Year’s Day Worship
Thursday, January 5 6:30pm Epiphany Evening Service