- LES parent meeting will be held between services today at 9:20 AM. The children will have the opportunity to take their school supplies to their rooms (if you would like them to do so), and we will all enjoy some refreshments and fellowship.
- Catechism Parent Meeting will be held today after second service at 11:30 AM for those students (6th – 8th grade) who are in catechism class this year.
- Bible Class and Sunday School Starting: Regular Sunday Bible Class and Sunday School begin on Sunday, September 10 at 9:20 AM. Sunday morning Bible Class will begin a new study examining the key biblical themes from Martin Luther’s writing. Join us to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ and to grow in your understanding and appreciation for the Lutheran heritage.
- Choir: Please join us for choir this year! Rehearsals begin on Sunday, September 10 following second service. Choir is a wonderful opportunity to sing praises to the Lord, to edify our worship at Good Shepherd, and to enjoy fellowship with your fellow Christians. Hope to see you there!
- Midweek Bible Class: The Midweek Bible Class will resume meeting on Wednesday, September 6 at 9:00 AM. We will be continuing our study of 1 Corinthians. Looking forward to seeing regulars as well as any new faces who would like to join us!
- Little Lambs: Little Lambs will be starting Tuesday, September 19th this year and will continue most Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 to 11 AM until the middle of May. For more information contact the school office.
- Game Night: Join your friends from Good Shepherd for a night of fun playing games and enjoying fellowship. The fun begins at 6:30 PM. Pizza and beverages will be provided. Bring your favorite board game and a snack to pass.
- Church Picnic: Our annual church picnic is Sunday, September 24th at 12:00 PM at Plymouth Park, (formerly Pavilion “A”) (by the Playscape). Please bring a dish to pass and meat for the grill. Table service and beverages will be provided.
- School Starting: The first day of school will be Tuesday, September 5th. You are welcome to join us for chapel at 7:50 AM.
- Teen Bible Class: Pastor Behnken is hoping to offer an additional Bible Study opportunity for teens of our congregation (grades 8-12). It will meet once a month. The first is scheduled for September 29 at 6:30 PM. Dinner will also be provided. Please contact Pastor for more information.
- Ladies Guild: The Ladies’ Guild is starting back up. The first meeting will be Tuesday, September 5th starting at 6:45 PM in the fellowship hall. All ladies of the congregation are welcome to attend and enjoy the fellowship of your sisters in faith.
- Return to Grace: Please call the church office at 835-4181 to reserve your tickets for Sunday, September 17 at 2 PM at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library. Tickets are available on a first come first serve basis, and payment is due upon pickup of these tickets at the church office. The cost is $5 per adult and $2 per child age 14 and under. (Children 5 and under are free.)
- Singers and Musicians Wanted: The Saginaw Valley Lutheran Chorale will begin rehearsals on Sunday, September 10, from 6-8 PM in the choir room at Michigan Lutheran Seminary to prepare for a sacred Christmas concert in early December. The Chorale, formed in 1990, is a volunteer choir and is open to all confirmed members of WELS and ELS congregations. Rehearsals are each Sunday evening. The Chorale cordially invites you to join them! All voices are welcome. For more information, please contact the Chorale director, Ryan Friske at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MLS Homecoming Concessions: Good Shepherd will again be volunteering to staff the MLS Varsity Football concessions stand at Homecoming on Friday, October 6th. We need to provide at least 12 volunteers for the evening and the time commitment would be from about 6 PM until end of game (usually around 9:30 PM). If we have more people we can split some of the time.