- Altar Flowers: The Ladies Guild will now be delivering our altar flowers to our shut-ins. When you sign up for flowers there is a box for you to mark if you will be taking your flowers home or if you would like to donate them. If you have already signed up for flowers in the future, please look at the chart and mark your flowers for home or donation.
- Hearing/Listening Devices are available for use during the service. They are located in the drawers of the credenza in the church entryway. Please see an usher or pastor for assistance.
- Bible Study: Join us for Bible Study at 9:20 AM. We will continue looking at the ways worship spaces assist Christians in confessing the truths of God’s Word.
- Fall Fellowship: Join your Good Shepherd family for a night of food, games, and fellowship on Friday, October 4. There will be activities for young and old alike. Everyone is welcome. We will begin with dinner about 5:30 PM at church. Hope to see you there!
- Christian Relief Fund: The Board of Elders is pleased that Good Shepherd’s Christian Relief Fund has provided financial help to those among us in need over the past months. Because of the extraordinary nature of those needs, the Elders would like to ask you to consider a special gift to the fund to replenish its resources. A special offering basket for that purpose will be at the back of church for the next several weeks, or you can make your gift in person at the office if you prefer. Next week will be the last week we will collect in the back of church. Thank you for your generosity and concern!
- MLS friends and alumni are invited to the Homecoming game vs. St. Charles on Friday, September 27 at 7:00 p.m.
- MLS Foundation Tailgate Party, Friday, September 27, 2013, 5:00 p.m. Join us under the big red and white tent on the MLS Practice Field at the Hardin Street entrance. The menu will feature a pig roast with loads of sides. Cost is $12.00 for adults and high schoolers; $6.00 for grades K to 8; and free for preschoolers. Reserve tickets by calling the Foundation office 989-793-7511 or at any home sports event. You can also purchase tickets online at mls-foundation.org.
- WELS Kingdom Workers of the Central Michigan Chapter is inviting you to their annual fall dinner rally on Sunday, October 20. A German style dinner will be served at the LFA Hall located at 2323 Amelith Rd in Bay City from 4:30 PM – 7:00 PM. Please call your reservations into Trinity Lutheran Church Office (989) 892-5435 no later than Monday, October 14.
- Central Africa Medical Mission: We will not be collecting used pill bottles for the Medical Mission until further notice. Word has been received that the Mission has a more than ample supply at this time. Thank you all for your past donations.
News and Notes – September 22